Here are some warning signs.
You may be in an abusive relationship if you experience ANY of the below described situations. Call HopeWorks. We’re here to help and to let you know that there are options and resources available to you.
- You are frightened by your partner’s temper.
- You feel intimidated by your partner.
- You often give in because you are afraid of your partner’s reaction.
- You find yourself being criticized for daily things, such as your cooking, clothes, and/or appearance.
- You are humiliated or degraded by name-calling, put-downs, and accusations.
- Your partner makes frequent threats to withhold money, resources, take away children or have an affair.
- You have been forced or pressured into having sex.
- Your partner falsely accuses you of being unfaithful.
- You have been kicked, hit, shoved, restrained or had things thrown at you by your partner.
- You feel isolated and alone.
- Your partner humiliates you in private and/or in front of other people.
- Your partner threatens to harm himself or herself if you leave.
- Your partner prevents you from taking a job you wanted or going to school or having hobbies.
- Your partner prohibits you from spending time with friends and family.
- Your partner manipulates you into doing things you feel are wrong or harmful.